June 10, 2011

Friday Ramblings

I don't have much to write about, so today you get a random collection of thoughts!

  • I want to learn to coupon. Not the crazy, 39482090 boxes of Ramen noodles and 39804932 cans of dog food type of couponing, but reasonable things. If I could get a small stockpile of items like shampoo & conditioner, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies and toilet paper, I'd be happy. As my BFF in Kansas said Monday, "I just want some free toilet paper. That's all." All coupon blogs make it see so easy, but I can't wrap my head around the planning process and spending hours on the process.
  • I need a new summer bag. I'm still carrying my purple leather purse from winter. I want something light, but structured and under $50.
  • We are terrible about watching our Netflix movies. I've had Black Swan for two weeks now; we had Tangled for at least a month before we watched it.
  • I am reading this book. I'm just a few chapters in but I already know it is going to make me cry.

Sorry for a short(both in length and substance) post today. Hopefully something exciting will pop into my head over the weekend to write about! We have busy Saturday and not so busy Sunday. I'll be back Sunday to recap this week's menu. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you seen that crazy couponing show on TLC? Holy. Crap.

I bow down to those geniuses, but i have neither the spare time, brain capacity or storage to do that.

If you can figure it out PLEASE blog about it :)

Barbecued Peaches said...

Oh yes, that's where I got the idea. But I don't want to buy two years worth of processed food and store Butterfingers in my shower. Like I said, just some free toilet paper, please!!