July 25, 2011

Menu Monday

First, my living room smells like peanut butter. Baby boy gets a spoon of PB in his Kong each night and I never noticed how strong the smell was!

I didn't assign these to days this week. I like just having a "go-to" list and making what I feel. Only three planned meals for now. I'm going to a painting class with friends on Thursday and we're just going to see what we're in the mood for on Friday.

Tonight, we had Baby Breakfast Quiche with a side of cantaloupe (me) and bacon (J). Our quiche had bacon, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese. They were delicious and really easy to make!

Another night we are having roast chicken with balsamic bell peppers and a side of pesto asparagus. I know asparagus isn't really in season, but I'm a little tired of squash and corn!

The third meal we have planned is skillet-grilled red pepper shrimp. Shrimp and grits have become a bit of a household favorite. This looks like a tasty (and healthy) version!

What are you eating this week?

2 comments:

amy @ fearless homemaker said...

your menu sounds tasty, especially the roasted chicken dish! we had mushroom ravioli with a white wine shallot sauce last night. tonight i think will be grilled burgers, tomorrow will be pork tenderloin. still working on the sides - i'm a bit behind in planning this week!

Anonymous said...

I just bookmarked all 3 of those recipes Lauren. I'm making the Roast Chicken with balsamic peppers this Friday when Jeff gets back from a trip.

You better be glad i don't live near Memphis or you'd find me at your doorstep for supper haha :)

Amy: Ooh please please please put your recipe for mushroom ravioli on your blog! That's sounds divine.