April 4, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday


What better way to break out of a writer's block than by joining in a link up?


I'm linking up with Jamie (This Kind of Love) for What I'm Loving Wednesday....

This week I'm loving:


Smoothies for breakfast
Image from Pinterest via

Since we've been hitting 80 degrees pretty regularly the last couple of weeks, smoothies are again becoming my morning staple. My current favorite recipe is 1 banana, 1 c. almond milk, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 cup of frozen mixed berries and 2 TBS of natural peanut butter. Newnan loves this as well, since he gets to lick the PB spoon.

My TOMS


Everyone seems mixed on TOMS...some people hate them, some love them. I spotted these crocheted ones in Whole Foods last summer but never bought any. I finally did when they reappeared in stores a few weeks ago and I LOVE them. So comfy and they are my favorite go-to, non-Rainbow flip flop shoes :) Also, TOMS has teamed up with my sorority, Delta Gamma, for The Great Fight for Sight. DG's philanthropy is Service for Sight, benefiting the visually impaired. A perfect match for the TOMs eyewear mission. Because I tend to lose/break sunglasses, I never spend more than $10 but this is still awesome!

Easter Candy

...Specifically Cadburry Caramel Eggs. Of course, what is most exciting is the true meaning of Easter...but in terms of seasonal treats, these are my favorites. My parents came to visit last weekend and gave me and J both an Easter basket (hush.) and mine had 3 in it...two are already gone. I need to stock up before they disappear for another year! You can keep your Peeps (nasty).

That's what I'm loving this week. What about you? Link up over at This Kind of Love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Smoothies. I did a 7 day Smoothie challenge a couple of weeks ago and have since dumped my overnight oats in favor of smoothies. I haven't added peanut butter to mine yet, but you can bet I will now. Yum!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Toms! They're cute, comfy & serve to help others in need. Those crochet ones are really cute for Spring. Have you seen their ballet flats? I have one pair but want another. But my faves are their summer wedges. I bought 2 pair last Spring and have almost worn those suckers out.

Courtney Cakes said...

I actually love those Toms. I must confess I am a Toms hater but after seeing those I may be swayed... Hmmm.

Sarah said...

MMM that smoothie looks good. And those eggs look delicious as well! Hope your weekend is going well!